Hello ASU Alumni & Golden Rams Supporters.
ASU Dekalb President TaKeshia Thomas would like to thank everyone that attended ASU Dekalb's first meeting of the new fiscal year. It was one with plenty of business to be handled. We are looking forward to yet another very successful year.
We were very fortunate to have ASU Director of Enrollment Services James Burrell at Saturday's meeting. He shared how we, as alumni, play a vital role in the recruitment of students to our alma mater.
Other meeting highlights:
- Approximately 50 attendees at the first meeting of the new fiscal year. Awesome!
- We already have 52 Paid and 7 Pending Members for 2011-2012!
- Membership Chair Neva Jones sets goal of 125 members this year!
- The $500 Kenneth Wimberly Scholarship has been awarded to Mallory Hendson of Carrollton GA.
- New Member Yvette Ponder pulled her own winning 50/50 Raffle ticket!
- New Member Norris Tucker Sr. joined us at the meeting!
- Plenty of school supplies were donated for Dekalb County Schools. Thanks!
- Circle City Classic: Better hurry and reserve your seat!
- Tailgate/Membership Drive Sept 3 in Macon. ASU vs SSU. To contribute: 678-481-8804 or email@example.com.
- The September 10th ASU Dekalb Chapter meeting will be held at the Salem-Panola Library. Bring a Ram! Guest will be Dr. Velma McCray, Fundraising Chair for the Legal Defense Coalition.
- After the 10:30am meeting, we'll head to Albany for the Joseph Winthrop Holley Classic versus Wingate! Let's travel together if you can.
- We'll still be collecting school supplies at the September meeting.
Homecoming Committee Update:
- Final details for all alumni activities should be done by Sept 3.
- Fish Fry events, Alumni Luncheon, Victory Dance...and much more!
- The Official ASU Homecoming 2011 T-shirt is unveiled.
- Next committee meeting Sept 3 in Macon GA.
Thanks for Reading,
Maria Boynton~ASU '86
ASU Dekalb Chapter
Reporter & PR Chair
Alumnus of the Year